Friday, June 28, 2013

Summer 2013 -- A new song 4 U (free!)


 
Happy summer!  Or, if you're in this current heatwave in the USA, happy heatwave (I guess). 
Because I know we all get a lot of email, I'm going to make this brief (but lively and hopefully a bit entertaining).
1.  Here is a brand spankin' new recording of a song I wrote called "All These Things".  If you want, you can download it for free!  Rob Cairns produced it and sang backing vocals.  It's practically a duet!  This song also appeared in the original rock musical that Rob and I wrote the music for, Bad Apples. (more on the musical in a minute)    http://snd.sc/19GWkXO
2.  I'm recording more music and will be posting an EP on iTunes and other digital distribution sights.  I'll let you know when that happens. 
3.  I'm excited to announce that one of the songs I've just recorded was co-written with Glen Phillips (Toad the Wet Sprocket).  I'm looking forward to posting it soon! 
4.  In April, (2013) Rob and I were nominted for "best original score" (for Bad Apples) by both the Los Angeles Drama Critics Circle and the LA Weekly.  We were thrilled to be nominated by both of these groups.  We won the LA Weekly award!  That was crazy fun!  We went up onstage and gave a speech and everything. 
5.  ACT Theatre in Seattle, WA, is going to do a workshop of Bad Apples in July.  Rob and I will be going up to help with the music.  We're very excited that they are interested in the musical.
6.  And finally, I am happy to say that recently my music has been heard on Vanderpump Rules (Bravo), The Client List (Lifetime) and Save Me (ABC).
Thanks so much for reading this far.  Please be in touch.  I hope you like the song.  I'm also over on facebook.
Love,
Beth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home