Friday, May 11, 2012

September 2011

I hope you had a great summer. Here in Los Angeles we had a lovely, mild summer. Also, I discovered a great summer drink called The Eastside. Here's the recipe: http://www.imbibemagazine.com/Eastside-Cocktail-Recipe Enjoy! I've got some news about a couple of TV shows, a kitten I found, a new EP, and a songwriters round I'm in. For those of you in lovely Los Angeles, I'm playing in the Room 5 songwriters round on Monday night, Sept. 12 at 9pm. There will be 4 songwriters on stage and we each take turns playing a song. We go around 4 or 5 times, each playing a song and then we all take our clothes off and run naked around the room. Ok, we don't do that last part. Joel Eckels, Sarah Winters, and Jarrod Dickenson will be playing in the round with me. Click here for more info about them. http://room5lounge.com/sch edule_new.htm And in recent beth thornley music news, the USA network show Royal Pains played "You're So Pony". Coming soon, Hung (HBO) will be using "Wash U Clean". I hear some of the characters sing along with it. That should be interesting. Also coming soon, the CBS show, Flashpoint will be playing "Everyone Falls". My new EP should be ready very soon. You will be the first to know! I found a kitten (picture below). I was driving home from dinner last Monday night and I noticed a kitten on the street next to a car repair shop who was obviously looking for food. I got some food and went back to find her. She was still there, along with several others. A dude came out of the auto body shop and encouraged me to take one since he had 20 more out back. So, I took one thinking I'd find her a home. I wish people knew they could trap, neuter and return cats to their colonies (for free!). When they do that, the colony stays healthier and happier. So I took one. I decided to keep her. She's a very special kitten. She's 8 weeks old. She was extremely underweight but otherwise healthy. She does't have a name yet. Any ideas? Thanks for reading this far! xoxo, beth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home