Friday, May 11, 2012

January 2012 happenings/news

My band and I are playing in a benefit show at Hotel Cafe on Monday, Jan. 23rd at 9pm. This benefit will raise awareness and funds for the Kusewera After School Program at Mtendere Village Orphanage. The program educates the children through sports, music, dance and art. The evening includes several singer/songwriters and begins at 7. I go on at 9. Lots of my extremely talented friends play before and after me. Be a part of this great event and get your tickets before they sell out! Where: Hotel Cafe When: Monday, Jan. 23rd Time: 7 - 11 (I'm on at 9 and it's a strict schedule) Tickets: $15 pre-sale. $20 at the door For: www.kusewera.org For Beth news, I finished out last year so happy to have songs placed in shows like "Hung", "Royal Pains", "Ringer", "Flashpoint","One Tree Hill" and the indie film "Burning Palms". I have a couple of things already lined up for 2012 but I can't tell you what they are yet. Bad luck and all that. But the one that I CAN tell you about will be airing this week on "Jane By Design" ("wash U clean"). Check it out or set your DVR for Tuesday, Jan. 17th at 9pm on the ABC Family Network. And, just to keep you in the know, I've been asked, along with my producer, Rob Cairns, to write songs for a play that will open here in Los Angeles in the fall (2012). More info on that as the date approaches. And now, for a kick-ass appetizer recipe: Black-eyed pea & Artichoke Dip 2 slices hickory bacon 2 tablespoon butter 1 onion chopped 1/2 C sour cream 1/2 C mayo 1 teaspoon onion powder 1 “ garlic powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 (15oz) can balck eyed peas drained & rinsed 1 (14oz can artichoke hearts drained & rinsed & chopped 2 oz mozzarella cheese shredded Chop up bacon into pieces and cook, remove from grease. Add butter & saute onion. In a bowl, mix sour cream with mayo. Stir in bacon, onion powder, garlic powder & salt. Then add sauteed onion, black eyed peas & artichoke to the mayo/sourcream mixture and stir. Place in baking dish & top with cheese. Bake at 300 until cheese has melted and dish is warm. Thank you for reading this far! If you're in LA, please come to the show on the 23rd and support a great cause and hear some great music!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home